Thanks for supporting the WROB in 2017!
The Writers’ Room of Boston supports the creation of new literature by providing a secure, affordable work space and an engaged community to emerging and established writers in downtown Boston. The Room provides 10 private carrels, each of which is furnished with a desk, chair, lamp, power strip, and bookcase. Members enjoy these amenities:
- 24-hour access, 7 days a week to a secure downtown building
- Free WiFi and individual storage space
- Two common lounge areas
- Kitchen with dining nook, dishwasher, refrigerator, coffee maker, and filtered water
- Office with computer, printer, and fax machine
- Full use of the Room’s membership to professional organizations and current subscriptions to multiple industry and craft magazines
- Access to members-only gatherings, newsletters, and monthly salon
- Close proximity to public transportation
The Writers’ Room of Boston is wheelchair-accessible. We embrace diversity in all its forms and stand together with writers everywhere to support freedom of expression.
“Every writer is, in the profoundest way, on his or her own, and there is little we can do to help. Inspiration comes or it doesn’t, the form comes or it doesn’t, the end comes or it doesn’t. But nothing comes without a quiet place to sit and try things, and read them over, and try them again, and that is something we can do something about. I salute the vision of the Writers’ Room, and applaud its mission. It is a dream come true for so many writers; may it live long and thrive!”
— writer and WROB Advisory Board member Gish Jen